St. Robert School is looking for Substitute Teachers. Substitute employees work mostly on an on-call basis, and are paid $100.00 per day.
Applicants are required to:
- Receive a Substitute Teaching Permit through GISD (Genesee Intermediate School District).
- Be fingerprinted and have a criminal records check.
- Have completed at least 90 semester hours of college, with at least a 2.0 GPA, at one four-yar, regionally accredited institution (an official transcript is needed).
- Those with a valid teaching certificate do not need a Substitute Teaching Permit.
- Those with an expired teaching certificate will need a Substitute Teaching Permit through GISD.
- Complete a one-time Protecting God’s Children class (in person – not the online version). The schedule of available classes can be found at www.virtusonline.org.
- Fill out the required “New Sub” paperwork for SRS (available from the school office).
Steps to Subbing:
- When you have your educational documents ready, please call GISD at (810) 591-4400 to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
- Complete a Protecting God’s Children class (www.virtus.org).
- Contact the school office at (810) 659-2503 for required paperwork.
Questions regarding the Substitute Teaching Permit and fingerprinting should be directed to GISD (810) 591-4400.
Please contact the school office for all other questions at (810) 659-2503.